Saturday, April 19, 2014

Weekend Check-In

So it's been a few days since my last post...I've been working to stick to the clean eating, and  drinking lots of water, and I've sold off the rest of the Advocare crack pills.  I'm not knocking their products, don't get me wrong...they are just not for me.  I think I've been doing pretty good, and I've found myself really putting effort into making sure I'm eating better.  I also find that when I eat this better, wholesome food, I feel fuller longer...which is amazing.  I am also not having extreme cravings for anything.  I've decided that I'm not going to totally deprive myself of certain things (slippery slope I know), but I'm going to make damn sure I'm not being a gross pig about it either.  

For example, today after BMX races, we decided to get pizza for lunch.  I was scared I would over indulge...something takes over me and I end up eating seven pieces of pizza normally...but that didn't happen.  I'm so proud...here's why:  normally we buy a large all-meat pizza for our little family of three.  We generally eat half of it, then take the rest home, then snack on it over the next day or two.  Today I convinced my husband that we should only buy a SMALL and I ate 2.5 pieces of that.  That's it.  I was so full from that and my 2 salads (no croutons, with oil and vinegar for dressing only), that I couldn't imagine eating more than that.  I left there satisfied, not feeling guilty or depressed, and proud of myself.

I have broken my promise and have gotten on the scale.  As of this morning I am down 12.2 pounds!!!
I've made up a big batch of garden vegetable soup made from a chicken I had in the freezer...so good, and rather low cal but full of delicious nutrients!  That will be my dinner, and probably lunch for a couple of days.  I've been fighting a cold off, so this type of food is right up my alley.  I'm making sure to have a healthy service of fruit each day, and started a B-12 supplement today.  I figure it can't hurt to have the B-12 supplement, it will only help me have a little more energy which lets face it, who couldn't?  I just don't need so much extra energy that I want to paint the house while vacuuming my car at the same time.  You know?

Anywho, I'll check in again in a few days.  I'm right now 30.8 pounds away from my Disneyland goal with about twice that in days to get there.  I know I can do it.  Especially if I watch my protein intake and not overdo it, get some working out in (which I am taking a Zumba class each Monday in May, and then plan on making Wednesdays my workout/sauna day at the gym...you know, me time).

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy myself a 25 pound treat when I get there.  Last time I lost 25 pounds I bought a cute necklace and charm...but rarely wear it. I'm not a big jewelry fan.  Maybe I'll get my nails done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...