Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Advocare Day 10/9


Day 10 (9).
  
Well, here we are.  Kinda Day 10. but kinda my day 9.  I have one more Fiber Drink and one more packet of the probiotics for tomorrow morning (so that would be the official day 10).
Woke up and weighed in today.... DOWN 9 POUNDS!  So proud of myself!
I gotta say, I don't even really crave junk food.  Just protein.  Not even really missing dairy at all either, except Greek Yogurt mixed with Bran cereal and frozen blueberries.  
That combo is the beezneez. 
I have been considering buying some more Advocare products, however, I know there are similar products at the local Monarch Medical office where I live, where they are a bit cheaper, and I can browse, and not worry about shipping.  I think I'll swing by there and see what I can get.  Day after tomorrow I start the Max phase of the 24 Day Challenge.  I'm a little nervous, as the packet of pills say something like equivalent to 2.5 cups of coffee or something, and you eat them with lunch...that might be a problem for me, sleep wise.  Not sure how it will go but I will try it.  If it doesn't work out, then I still have clean eating and green tea to fall back on, right?
I'm abandoning the Spark entirely after today.  I've finished up the half-used packets I had, but this stuff isn't right for me. 
Do I sound like a hypochondriac baby yet? No?  Yes?  I can't tell.  All I know is when something makes me feel shitty, I aint gonna take any more.  I am very thankful I started this program, so I could really get back into things, and I really feel like I'm on a great path.  I have really put effort into eating healthier foods...I also have so much more energy, don't feel bloated and swollen, and don't feel so depressed and down.  I just can't get used to the super cracky feeling...my head feels like it's literally buzzing in my brain when I'm all jacked up on that stuff, and I do not like it.
I loved the 10 day cleanse, and will probably do it again later down the road in a couple months...Probably right before I go on my vacation.
 Today I was pretty tired and stressed at work.  Decided I want to keep up on the no dairy as much as possible save something here or there...like not drinking that International Delight Creamer anymore...I'm going to transfer to a soy or coconut creamer, but I'm gonna have me some coffee in the morning since I'm giving up the Spark.  I will be buying some B-12 sub-lingual tabs for the extra energy, but not drinking it all day long...I can grab a RedBull if I really need it.
I was really stressed today at work, but not once did I ever feel like I needed to eat to make it better.  No chocolate craving, no "screw this, I'm eating a huge burger".  I feel proud. 
Tomorrow is the last day of the cleanse for me, then it's on to the Max Phase (which I'm sort of scared of by the way.  I'm scared it will make me feel all cracky).  Trust me, you'll hear all about that too.  Keep in mind, I'm overly sensitive and a hypochondriac. If you would like to read the official stuff about this phase, here's a link http://www.advocare.com/products/trim/T1131.aspx
No, I'm not an Advocare Rep, and I was not paid or compensated in any way.

Pre-Breakfast:  Started a Spark to take to work and sip throughout the day.

Breakfast:  Citrus Fiber Drink/Meal Replacement Shake

Snack:  Mixture of baby carrots, strawberries, grapes, and plain almonds.

Pre-Lunch:  NA

Lunch:  leftover dinner from last night:  chicken breast, Normandy veggies, and mashed sweet potatoes (I ate way too much...I feel like I have a brick in my throat).

Snack:  3 Hardboiled eggs/Black tea with sugar free raspberry syrup from Dutch Bros (this was a splurge in my opinion).

Dinner:  Baja Fresh: Baja Ensalada with chicken and Cilantro ranch dressing.  7 chips, and lots of green salsa...now I'm burphing chips.  Blegh.  I think I'll skip on the fried stuff from here on out entirely.  Not gonna hurt me, just help me.

Snack:  Strawberries...I think.

Photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...