Thursday, January 9, 2014

I'm back in the game!

Well, I am back in the game, and I couldn't feel better about it!
 
I've been at it since Monday, okay, it's been less than a week, I know, but I'm down 4 pounds since Monday morning.  There are a few variables at place here:
 
-I've been working out each day after work, either stationary bike at home, or treadmill for 45 minutes at the gym
 
-Not eating anything but a small snack about an hour after dinner, then about 2 liters of water each evening
 
-Also making healther food choices...my whole family is trying to convert.  I haven't had fast food in over a week and that makes a big difference too
 
-No coffee after I leave the house at all, however, there will be a Friday exception as that is the day we have meetings at work, and I get to go in a little later...it's my Starbies fix for the week!
 
-Green tea throughout the day at work...usually 2-3 large mugs of hot water with a single tea bag...I can't have too much caffeine or I'll burst!
 
-Ooh!  This is a big one!  I've been doing green smoothies every day this week, and I'm hooked.  I use about 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk, 2 cups of fresh spinach (okay, just a huge handful, because who the hell measures spinach?), about a cup of frozen berries, sometimes a banana, and a scoop of Premier Protein vanilla protein powder.  This is fab, and I'm not deviating from this during the week.  On the weekends I'll be eating eggs and toast with the family, but during the week, this helps me immensely.  Maybe on the weekends I'll make the smoothie my lunch.
 
-Also, I've been eating smaller healthier lunches.  I've been bringing PB&J on Dave's Killer Bread.  Using all natural Peanut Butter (Adams), and natural Smuckers Orange Marmalade (so delicious!), and usually a string cheese or something with it.
 
 
So now, at the beginning of the 4th day, I'm already feeling more energetic, happier, more motivated, and in control.  I'm down 4 pounds as of this morning too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...