Monday, January 20, 2014

Feeling too fat to fly...

I'm struggling right now, big time.  My husband's family want to take us on a trip to Disneyland at the end of June, but I'm feeling about 65 pounds too fat to fly.  I haven't been on a plane since I weighed about 100 pounds less than I do now.  Like, seriously have anxiety.  I remember Kevin Smith being kicked off a plane because they said he weighed too much, and quite frankly, I'm thinking that he was a bit smaller than I am now.  

My husband doesn't understand, and just finally explaining my anxiety to him, almost killed me.  He's quick to brush it off too, "the kid can sit between us, and that will allow more room".  He has no idea that planes can require you to buy an extra seat.  That right there folks...that would kill me.  I do NOT want my family to have to deal with that.  I remember the last time I flew was not that comfortable as it was...and again, I was 100 or so pounds less than I am now.  It's ridiculous.  I know that I allowed myself to get this way, but I'm trying to fix it and lose the weight.  But it's a slow process, and quite frankly, I don't see myself losing 100 pounds in just under 5 months, but I guess I could probably aim for the 65.  Let's see, that's just under 10 pounds a week.  Yeah, that's not going to happen.  

I've already started reading forum's about obesity and flying and it sounds like maybe just a seat belt extender is all I need.  I'm hoping...Either way, this is exactly the motivation I need to work my ass off.  Serious.  Fuck the ice cream, and candy, etc.  Fried foods?  HELL FUCKING NO.  Brewfest and wine tasting (both on my 52 things list) may be out too, since alcohol makes me want to eat everything.  NO more fast food.  At all.  NOT HAPPENING.  Shit, I need to give up bread too.  Keep up the workouts...lots more time on the elliptical, exercise bike, and treadmill time.  Gotta start getting prepared for the walking and standing.  Standing I can practice at work.  I'll aim for trying to stand the full day at work, working my way there.  I can type and talk standing up, so that's not that bad...Doing it in flats is another story, though most of the time I can kick off my shoes and stand in bare feet.  I'm hoping that I can do this...but I'm fucking scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...