Monday, January 20, 2014

How much have I loved?

Probably not enough.

When I was a teenager, I loved.  A lot.  When I was young, I loved my father like no other.  He was my world.  I was such a Daddy's girl.  

When I got older, and started to love others outside of my family, I was the type of person that would journal about it for pages and pages; or would listen to music and cry about it.  

As I became a young adult, my type of love changed...became not just love, but the will to do everything and anything in my power to make that ONE person happy.  

Then as I became an adult, and started a monogamous relationship with my husband, love turned into routine.  It was home base.  It was where we turned.

When my son was born, he became love.  As hard as it is to say it, my love totally was directed at him, and that was it.  He is my world.  I waited a long time for him, and sometimes, when I look at him, my heart is so filled with love, it spills out of my eyes.

The question is, "how much have I loved?"
The answer is, "I can always love more."

I want to make it a point to love MORE.  I want people to know how much I love them.  This is going to take work.  This means mending relationships that have been broken for a long time.  This means making the effort to say those three words, and say it in a way that expresses that it's sincere.  Too often we say it at our house as a routine message, "I love you".  We say it as we hang up the phone, as I drop off my son, as my husband leaves for work, and we go to bed.  It's infrequent that we say it while actually looking each other in the eye, and focusing on the words that are being said.  

I want to make it a point to learn to love BETTER.
Love more.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...