Saturday, January 4, 2014

Time to get busy!

A friend of mine from work told me today she's doing the wall sit challenge.  Feeling inspired I jumped in on day 4 this morning=40 second wall sit.  O. M. G.  That is so freaking hard.  I was shaking!!!  My legs, almost 2 hours later, still feel wobbly.  This is going to kick my butt so hard!  Way harder than the squat challenge, already.  I'm excited.  It might just be the motivation I need to get myself back in the game!  The monthly meanie came on Thursday, so my new year has been off to a rocky, brutal, hormonal start, but today I'm making the change.  I really need to focus on getting myself back together again, as I have plans to do another 5k in March again, and doing a 5 mile late Spring again as well!  Both of those were fun, but hard, and it would be awesome to do them again, but have a little less difficulty.

Over the last year I lost 40 pounds, but kept off about 30.  I am starting the new year, recalculating my starting weight and new weight loss goal on MyFitnessPal.  I'm not sure I'm ready to track my food yet.  Right now I'm just using it to track my weigh-ins.  I really don't need MyFitnessPal to do that, as I also use another app specifically for weigh-ins called WeightBot.  I really like it since I don't have to sign up for anything, start accounts, etc.  It's really easy to use, you can set a goal and monitor your weigh ins.  In fact, I think I'm going to give up MyFitnessPal entirely.  I want to learn to eat healthier, and not have to write down everything I put into my mouth.  I just need to get back to making better choices.  I know full well what I should and shouldn't eat and how much and when.  I don't need the app to do that.  It's an awesome program, and I love it, but there's no point in me keeping it looking at me in the face, when I really just feel guilty for not using it.  I delete it, I don't have to feel guilty.  I just use my WeightBot, and call it even.  I won't be able to track it on my blog, but nobody reads this anyways...LOL.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, I can focus on doing me.  I'm going to aim for less sweets, and moving this body.  I have a solid schedule of treadmill at the gym this week. I recently read I should just avoid the elliptical because it doesn't mimic natural movement, and its much easier to slack off on an elliptical rather than a treadmill.  I want to do everything I can to be prepared for the 5ks.

Okay, off to start my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...