Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'm still trying...

So about six weeks ago I found out our trip to Disneyland was booked.  Flight booked.  Flight.  Airplane.  OMG, too fat to fly.  You might remember my last post was something of a panic attack.  Don't get me wrong...I'm still panicking.  Yet, I'm still trying.  I allowed myself a mental temper tantrum and essentially let myself eat whatever and whenever I want.  I'm done with that.  The other night I was laying in bed, praying that the Lord would help me do this.  I even started to cry.  It's THAT bad.  I'm so big, who am I kidding?  I have found myself reading horror stories on the internet about fat people flying, and being ridiculed by airline staff, and asked to pay up to $1000 for an additional seat so they don't encroach on other passengers' personal space.  Thankfully we are all three flying together, and little man is a skinny mini so I can put him in the middle and at least make it look like are all super comfy and fit well.  Thank God it's only a 2 hour flight, because I'm sure it'll be super uncomfortable. 

A friend recently flew, and she is about 40 pounds less than I am, and said it was still pretty darn cramped.  While I felt a lot better after discussing it with her, it still left me with a lot of anxiety.  I am going to try really hard to lose as much weight as possible, and get as fit as possible to prepare for all the walking.  I just bought a new bathing suit top, which fits rather a bit snug right now, to help motivate me to lose more.   It will fit perfectly by summer. 

I've been drinking protein smoothies for breakfast with the following:

-1 scoop of Vegan Proteins+ Protein Powder
-1 cup frozen blueberries
-1 cup unsweetended Silk Coconut Milk
-1 Tbsp Chia Seeds soaked in 1 cup water
-1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
-1 scoop Greens Plus Advanced Multi Raw Superfood

This week I decided to step it up to having this protein smoothie for lunch as well as breakfast with a Premier Protein shake as a midday snack.  Then having a dinner consisting of major veggies and protein.  Today is day 2.  So far so good.  I did have some ice cream with apples for dessert last night, but I counted everything in MyFitnessPal...yes, we are back together.  I need to see something with my intake to keep me honest.  I've also decided to track all fitness as well.  Yesterday I even took a brisk walk during my lunch break...it was so sunny and I just needed the air and the vitamin D. 

Today as I asked hubby if we can take a family walk today before dinner and start doing that every day.  I really want to do this.  I want to get fit, and guess what I just did???  I JUST SIGNED UP FOR A 5K!  My super awesome friend Leslie is going to do it with me, and it's from one Winery to to another Winery.  That will be fun.  It's going to be hilly, which I'm kind of scared about, but it should be super fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...