Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Trying something new...I think.

So I have been toying with the idea of doing the Advocare 24 Day Challenge.  I think this would be really beneficial to me in the fact that if I follow it to the letter, I know I would lose a bunch of weight, however, I'm terrified of taking weight loss supplements (and most other medications, even anything stronger than Tylenol or Ibuprofen).  This is something I know is probably mostly in my mind, though I think I am really sensitive to my body, and can feel everything that happens when I take something.  I know I sound like a spaz. 

Anyway, I just don't know anymore.  I have decided I am going to force myself to start getting up 30 minutes earlier so I can do squats and ride the exercise bike or follow this Walk at Home program that my friend and I are going to do together.  I'm thinking that if I can get on board with this Advocare deal, and doing all this physical activity, then there isn't any reason I shouldn't lose like 20 pounds in the 24 day period.  Seriously.  People half my weight lose like 10-15 pounds doing it, so being HUGE means HUGE weight loss.  Ugh.  I am so gross!  I seriously can't stand that I have gotten this big.  It's disgusting!

So that's where I'm at right now...oh yeah, I decided I was going to try following the Weight Watchers program...I have the whole kit.  Yesterday I tracked everything, which, let me tell you was not fun.  I had 2 cupcakes a coworker brought in, and in a not-so-great decision, I ate a whole pack of Starburst that I pilfered from my kid's "treat" bucket.  I don't even like Starburst...okay, I like the pink ones, but I ate all the rest of the pack so nobody felt left out.

Today I had Jimmie Johns.  #12 Beach Club and a bag of Jalapeno Chips.  Not the best at all.  There is SO much sodium in that!  Ridiculous!  I love the taste so much!  But I feel my blood pressure rise from the salt.

I have a Dr. appointment in a few weeks... I haven't been since about oh, 25 pounds ago.  Not as much as I would like after 14 months, but it's 25 pounds I haven't gained back.  Also, hopefully with getting up early to work out every day during the week, and trying hard to manage my food, I can be even lower by then.  I'll be getting a full bloodwork panel, fasting, and a general physical.  They think I'm getting an annual, they are loco!  NOPE! 

Anyway, if I decide against Advocare, here's my new plan:

1.  wake up and work out 30 minutes + squat challenge
2.  breakfast protein smoothie
3.  snack protein shake
4.  mason jar salad and fruit
5.  greek yogurt with bran and frozen fruit
6.  dinner of veggies and protein
7.  snack protein shake
8.  half my body weight in water every day

Anyone should lose weight if they stick to this plan!  Weekends are the hardest, because the boys don't follow my plan, and we are always busy.  And what about when I have to go out of town for the weekend next month?  I really, really have to work hard to make really good decisions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...