Sunday, April 6, 2014

Advocare Day 1

DAY 1:


Front View Day 1
Side View Day 1



I just have to say...that Spark is something else.
I am pretty much a paranoid hypochondriac, and like to think I'm pretty in tune with my body.  So when I try something new, I know I totally over-analyze everything.  So let me just start by telling you, Spark is akin to crack.  I do not know that I should have more than one in a day...Now I'm really worried about taking the MNS Max 3 pills (those come in days 11-24).  I'm also a little worried about the Omega pills...they have fish oil, and in the past when I've taken fish oil...I projectile vomit.  I'll try them tonight...if that happens, they are in the trash and I will buy flax oil capsules...those I can take.

I read we shouldn't drink coffee while on this plan, so I cleaned the coffee pot, and put it away.  I honestly thought I would be missing it, but quite frankly, the only thing holding me back from really cleaning my house from top to bottom is the fact that my back has a pinched nerve.  I'm in too much pain.  But I can easily tell you the laundry and dishes are done, the kitchen is clean, and I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed.  Fo sho.
The Fiber drink is freaking atrocious.  Good God.  No.  Freaking.  Joke.  SO GROSS!!!
If you ever do this plan, I recommend straws to drink everything.  It's just easier, faster, and your taste buds will thank you.

Right after the fiber drink you are supposed to drink water, and have breakfast.  I decided for the first 14 days to use the shakes that came with the plan as don't normally eat solid food for breakfast.  For the last 10 days I'll drink my strawberry Premier Protein shakes.
I gotta say...by the time you are done with the Spark, then Fiber Drink and a bunch of water, then the shake...you feel like you are going to float away...I'm peeing my brains out!

Measurements 
Please God kill me now...this is humiliating beyond anyone's imagination...I hope you don't love me less when you read this.  I can easily tell you, I'll never put my actual weight on here until I'm within 75 pounds of my goal-because this is mortifying!
But I wanted to be honest...just not honest enough to list my actual weight yet...

Calf:   21"
Thigh:   34.5"
Hips:   66"
Waist:   64"
Chest:   60"
Forearm:  13"
Bicep:   17"
Neck:   17.25"

Pre-Breakfast:  Watermelon Spark mixed with 8 oz cold water.  This actually smells like watermelon jolly-ranchers, however, doesn't have the full taste you would think went with the smell.  I pounded it down pretty fast just to get it over with because it has the aftertaste of vitamins.  Really not the worst stuff I've drank in my quest for health, so it seems like a win.

Breakfast:   Citrus Fiber Drink mixed with 9 oz cold water, and Chocolate Mocha meal replacement shake mixed with about 10 oz cold water.  Let's first talk about the Fiber Drink.  Now this was something I was really afraid of.  I read review after review about how this stuff is essentially vomit in a cup.  Yeah...pretty f'ing close, I'd say.  Imagine taking a big chunk of tree bark, blending it up with about a teaspoon of Tang, and some plain gelatin...Yeah.  Gross.  I read that it does thicken if you don't drink it fast enough.  I chugged it like it was going out of style.  Again with the straw.  Helps you not have to get it all in your mouth, just straight down the throat instead.  Directions say to follow with 8 oz of water, but I have a fear of psyllium, and instead drank about 20 oz of water after it.

Snack:  2 packets of Cinnamon Oat Fit Instant Oatmeal with Flax. Yum.  I didn't think I was hungry, but I did think about having some food (truth be told I was thinking about gorging myself on all kinds of stuff in the kitchen, then remembered I was doing Advocare).  At this point, I'm already scared to have another Spark...that jacked me up!

Pre-Lunch:  Mango Strawberry Spark...good Lord I'm going to go run a marathon...how the hell am I going to stand still at work while not talking people's ears off?  I do have to say, tomorrow I'll be just splitting them up into 2 servings each packet.  I can't be this hyped...unless I start to adjust and can deal with it better.  Says 120 mg of caffeine, but didn't take into consideration the B-vitamins, etc.  Wheeeee!!!!!!
I gotta say, this one wasn't as bad because I decided to help reorganize the storage shed, and that killed some time.  I've had about 75 oz of water at this point.

Lunch:  2 cups of mixed greens, fresh cilantro, small tomato and lime juice salad.  1 whole wheat (100 cal) pita pocket, 2 Boca veggie burgers, 1/2 cucumber, mustard.  Very yummy!

Snack:  For snack I had a medium green apple and an Atkins protein bar.  I'm sure the bar isn't technically approved, however, I wanted it.

Dinner:  Dinner consisted of 1 cup of wild black rice (forbidden rice), a personal turkey meatloaf with a fat dollop of avocado mash, and 2 cups of roasted broccoli.  Yes, roasted broccoli.  Drizzle with olive oil, bake at 425 for 20ish minutes.  Deelish.  Best dinner I've had in a while actually.

Snack: Baby Carrots and Hummus.  Pretty tired by this point, ready to just lounge and watch some TV.

Bedtime:  Herbal Cleanse caplets and water.  Had a cup of peppermint tea before this and after snack.  It's a routine for me.

***UPDATE, next morning***
I didn't get to sleep until 1AM!!!  Seriously, I know I'm paranoid about taking new things but holy crap, I couldn't sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...