Thursday, April 17, 2014

Advocare Day 11

Day 11.

To start, I thought I'd give my measurements after my first 10 days, even though today is technically my last day of the cleanse phase...oh, by the way, down 10.6 pounds this morning!!!!
 
Calf:   21"  --  20.75  =  .25" loss
Thigh:   34.5"  --  34.5"  =  What?  No change??? Um...I don't know.
Hips:   66"  --  64  =  2" loss
Waist:   64"  --  62  =  2" loss!
Chest:   60"  --  58.5  =  1.5" loss
Forearm:  13"  --  12.75  =  .25" loss
Bicep:   17"  --  16.25  =  1.25" loss
Neck:   17.25"  --  16.75  =  .50" loss

So according to these numbers after 10 full days, I've lost 7.75 inches!  I'm excited, but I feel like it might not be totally true, since I feel like I can measure myself six times in a row and come up with six different numbers.  Allow me to believe I actually shrank a little...please?
Well, we'll see.  I'm going to do it again at the end of the Max Phase, and we'll see how that goes, then I'll start measuring myself the morning of the 1st of each month just to keep on it.  I've been told that's a much better way to measure progress than the scale.  I like how the numbers on the scale are dropping though!  
I also think I need to stop weighing myself every day.  It's not so much that I get obsessive over it, it's that I get discouraged if I don't have a significant loss each day.  So, I think the next time I weigh in will be the morning of day 8, so I can have followed the Max Phase for a full 7 days before weighing in again.
One of my partners-in-crime started Max Phase today, and says she feels good! (Insert bouncing up and down and eyes bugged out here).  I'm a bit worried.  I'm going to try to figure out exactly which packet did it to her, and try and halve it.  There's no way I can handle that. 
Later: After further discussion, we decided we knew that it was a probably she waited an hour before eating after taking her supplements that should have been taken 30 minutes before eating.  Also, I think I'll be taking only half of the packet to see how it affects me before jumping in headfirst.
I also found this cool graphic about Spark and other energy drinks...very cool to see it all side by side like this.  After reading, I think a Sugar Free Redbull is just right for my energy needs.  Not during exercise, just when I need a kick in the pants...
http://www.healthbymom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Spark-Comparison-Energy-1024x620.jpeg
 

Pre-Breakfast:  java java java java java...yes, had a cup of black coffee before my shower, and it was so good.  I missed you so, Joe.

Breakfast:  Meal replacement shake.  I only have 3 left after today, and I'm too cheap to order 14 days worth at $42.  I'm going to go back to my Premier Protein Shakes, and start mixing in coffee in some way, or check out the Chocolate Mocha protein shake mix at Monarch.

Snack:  Mix of strawberries, almonds, and baby carrots...a couple rogue grapes in there too.

Pre-Lunch:  Water.  Lots of it.  I'm off the Spark.  I definitely feel like my energy level has come down a little, but still feel nothing like I did before I started the program.  Again, I'm going to try to get some sublingual b vitamins to use.

Lunch:  1 whole wheat pita thin with 2 packets of tuna.  One for each side.  Lots of protein to wash away those carbs.  I also had a half a tomato and a peeled cucumber.  Used spicy brown mustard for the "sammies". 

Snack:  3 hardboiled eggs.

Dinner:  Southwest Chicken salad (made at home): Arugula, black beans (rinsed well), rotisserie chicken (chopped, about 1 cup), cherry tomatoes, 1 medium avocado (diced), green Herdez salsa for dressing.  So delicious!!!  Was perfect too.  I really am starting to see myself eat LESS food to get full and satisfied and nourished.  I have much more energy too.  I am so happy.

Snack:  Bowl of steamed Edamame pods with some Netflix to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...