Monday, April 7, 2014

Advocare Day 2


Day 2.

 By the time I'm posting this, I've drank 120 oz of water, have had a headache since about 10am, and am pretty sure I'm more bloated than yesterday.  I have been using a 32oz bottle for water.  Yesterday I drank 5 of them.  This is on top of the water for my Spark drinks, the Fiber drink, the water I chugged after the fiber drink, and the meal replacement shake.  Today I learned I am supposed to count those toward my water goal. LOL.  I'm about to get a visit from Aunt Flo, and historically I've retained about 5-7 pounds of water during that week.  Yeah, isn't that a lot?  No matter how much water I drink.  Ugh.  

Pre-Breakfast:  1/2 Mango Strawberry Spark (we'll see how it goes today)
*note:  as of 9:45am I'm wishing I had drank the other half.  Tomorrow I'll make sure to bring more with me to work just in case.  I'm just not as energetic, though it's probably because I was awake until 1am!

Breakfast: Citrus fiber drink (gagged over it today), and Chocolate Mocha meal replacement shake.  Today I blended it with water and ice and it was SOOO yummy! 

Snack:  2 Oatfit Oatmeal packets.

Pre-Lunch:  Other half of Mango Strawberry Spark.

Lunch:  My lunch bowl: 1/2 can of black beans, 1/2 mini meatloaf, 1 3/4 cups of quinoa, 1/2 bag of steamed frozen veggies.  So tasty!  Sorta plain but it was still good.

Snack:  2 cups of baby carrots and a single serving pack of hummus

Dinner:  Since our house is sort of a war zone, I ended up eating my other lunch bowl.  This time I added 1/2 of an avocado.  This is a huge feat for me since I totally LOVE avocado, and saving half for hubby for his awesome looking burritos was a feat.  I actually feel guilty for having this twice in a day. Tomorrow I'll be having much more veggies...thinking cucumber salad and lime tossed arugula in a 100% whole wheat pita.  Mmm...

Snack:  I decided to make a smoothie with some frozen tropical fruit I had in the freezer and coconut water. Healthy and satisfying.  Win!

Bedtime:  Herbal Cleanse pills.  They are huge, and taste like hay.  Please note:  They have SENNA in them, which is a stimulant laxative. Same stuff in ExLax and Senekot.  So yeah, don't be too creeped out, but they will help you poop in the AM.  Does anyone want to read about poop?  LOL.  I was very curious myself.  Anyway, it just makes you regular, not have explosive diarrhea.  It all depends on how regular you are already I think.  I already eat a lot of veggies so I've not been stopped up or anything.  3 successful trips to the restroom before I left for work.  Yeah, I went there.  Shit just got real...Literally. Anyway, Lord help me to please fall asleep before 1am.

Additional note.  I've been reading some other blogs about the challenge, and sounds like day 2 is sorta crappy for a lot of people.  The body is detoxing, I haven't had coffee (yes, the Spark has caffeine, but drinking coffee is a habit too), and so I'm hoping tomorrow is just better all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...