Sunday, April 13, 2014

Advocare Days 6-7-8

Days 6-7-8

Day 6:
I took my probiotic in the AM, grabbed a half Spark (we were gonna be in the car, so I wouldn't have a way to expend the energy it gives me, which then causes severe anxiety, so why go there?), and drank my meal replacement shake and we were off.  I was armed with gallons of water, and a case of water for the weekend so I could stay hydrated.  I didn't consider the face that we were going to the high desert.  I feel like beef jerky within hours of arriving.  I had shopped the day before we left and bought bananas, natural almonds, and was armed with my meal replacement shakes.  I also knew we had an Applebee's restaurant right next to our hotel where we would eat our main meals.  What a disaster...ish.  So, the first day we decide we better catch some lunch before the boys go to practice.  Their salads are all like 800-1500 calories, because they are all totally loaded down with crap.  I ended up picking the Fiesta Chicken Chopped Salad, dressing on the side (which I didn't eat any of). The worst part was the salad had little strips of chips, and shredded cheese on it.  Still, I figured it wouldn't be the worst thing I could have had.  My kiddo got a chicken strip kids meal but hated it, so I ate the extra grilled chicken breast...more protein!
For dinner later that night, we were back at Applebee's, but for dinner I had a 7oz sirloin steak, with steamed veggies, and a plain baked potato.  It wasn't the amazing burger my hubby ate, but I was really trying to stick to protein and veggies, and still felt bad about my chips and cheese on the salad.  To make up for my guilt, I ate 3 fries from my kiddos plate.  So lame right?  I still felt like I was winning because I opted to NOT eat the quesadilla burger. 
Took my Herbal Cleanse pills, drank a gallon of water, and went to bed.

Day 7:
Took my probiotic in the morning, drank my meal replacement shake for breakfast, and grabbed an apple and orange from the continental breakfast at the hotel.  Watched hubby and kiddo eat Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy, and drink OJ and Apple juice.  No protein at all on the menu.  Lame!
Off to the track we went.  I had my backpack loaded down with beef jerky (I know, not "clean" eating, however, it was better than the concessions options at the track I thought), bananas, nuts, and water.  Also drank a Spark throughout the day to help keep total starvation at bay.  My biggest issue throughout the day was feeling like I hadn't had enough protein.  Another issue was it was so dry there, that no matter what I was chugging water and still needed more.  So I couldn't really tell if I was hungry, or thirsty.  
We didn't leave the track for lunch, so hubby had a hot dog, kiddo had a deep fried chicken strip meal with fries, and I had my banana and beef jerky and lots of water.  I did sneak a small chicken tender and a handful of fries from the kiddo.  Man, my stomach was feeling that grease.
After racing we met up with some of the other team at a local pizza place.  I was grateful in a way as they had an all you can eat salad bar, so I had 2 heaping plates of salad with had carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, onions, and pepperoncinis.  I only used the oil and vinegar for dressing.
BUT...then I fell victim to 3 small pieces of taco pizza.  If you know me, you know I love pizza.  And we just had pizza at work on Wednesday and I toughed it out.  But at work it wasn't right in my face staring at me...it is what it is.  
Forgot to take my Herbal Cleanse pills...dammit. 

Day 8:
Probiotic and Meal Replacement shake.  I was supposed to start the Fiber Drink again today, but figured since I forgot to take the Herbal Cleanse the night  before, and we would be at the event center all day then the car for hours, probably it was better to take the cleanse pills tonight and drink the drink tomorrow.
At the hotel breakfast they had hard-boiled eggs this time, so I ate 2 of those for extra protein.  Was so grateful to see them.  Headed to the track.  Didn't take any food with us into the event center.  Hubby and kiddo and I ended up each eating an all beef hot dog.  I felt guilty for eating the bread, but we skipped french fries, skipped soda (though kiddo did get a sno cone and I had 2 bites of it), and drank a lot more water.  On our way back home, we were planning on stopping and eating lunch somewhere, but ended up deciding against it.  So I snacked on a banana and almonds.  That's a super yummy combo.  Seriously.  I did cheat and got a plain iced tea from McD's (just pulled through for drinks), because I had zero Spark today again, knowing we were going to be in the car for hours.
Got home, and I decided I was making dinner.  Ended up having baked chicken breast, steamed rainbow chard, and a plain baked potato.  I know I should probably skip the potato, or at least eat a baked sweet potato, but I didn't. I really needed the hearty, home-cooked meal.  I had 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese on it.  Which was good, but not worth it I'm sure.  I've been pretty proud that I've been dairy free...missing my coffee and creamer for sure though...
Anyway, I bought strawberries and grapes for dessert tonight.  Then Herbal Cleanse pills, and back to my Fiber drink for 3 more days starting tomorrow.  Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm totally back at it all the way.  Will weigh in tomorrow in the AM.  Have no clue what the scale will say, 
but I hope it's kind to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...