Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Advocare Day 4


Day 4.
This is the amazing salad I had for lunch!!!
Today I'm a little off as I had fasting blood work done this morning at about 9am.  So I wasn't able to have my early morning Spark, and then I forgot to take my first course of Probiotics.  Doh!  I'm going to pretend all is well, and keep on keepin on, you know?  I still feel really good.  Aunt Flo showed up yesterday afternoon, and seriously normally by now I would be doubled over in a heap of hateful crampiness.  So far, so good.  I mean, as well as can be expected, so far. 
I am a cheater and have been weighing myself every day.  This morning, beginning day 4 of the plan, I weighed myself and was down 5 pounds even.  So crazy!  I know it's not that much, but my hope was to lose 20 this 24 days, and I plan on really keeping up with this. Some might think that's too much weight to lose, but I've spoken with medical professionals about how fast I can lose weight, and since I am bigger than the average big person (lets keep it real here), I can lose more, faster, safely.

On another note, I spoke with my medical professional about doing Advocare today, and she told me she was confident it was safe, there isn't anything in it that is going to hurt me per say.  I let her know in the long run I'm going to just eat healthier and exercise more, but this is a chance to get back into the swing of things, get my energy and will back, and then full steam ahead.

I still haven't started a regular workout routine back up, however, I've been doing all kinds of stuff around the house, and that's seriously been keeping me moving...any movement is more than just sitting on the couch, right? Tomorrow I'm off work early so I can get my house cleaned.  We've had to replace the water heater, flooring around and under the water heater, and then we covered it all with new laminate.  Mind you, this is the kiddo's room, so now he has the nicest digs in the house!  

Pre-Breakfast:  Sort of combined pre-breakfast and breakfast today, due to the dr appt.  So I shook up my Spark, and had a few gulps of it, then started right in with my breakfast.

Breakfast:  Went to the Dr appt prepared with a shaker bottle of ice water for my meal replacement shake.  As soon as I got in the car I mixed it up and chugged it.  I was hungry!!!

Snack:  Had carrots and hummus.  MMMM!  WAS STARVING at this point.  It was my normal lunch time when I was having snack!

Pre-Lunch:  Because of the delay in everything today, I ended up mixing up my 2nd Spark about the time I went to lunch, but that will carry me through the afternoon, and give me some good energy to get some stuff done at home.  More cleanup and getting ready for the weekend.

Lunch:  Today as a fundraiser, our office bought pizza, but since a couple of my coworkers and I are following this plan, we asked for salad instead.  So we got lettuce, rotisserie chicken, salsa, black beans, cilantro, lime, green onions, avocado, and tomato, and had these awesome salads.  SO DELICIOUS!  The salsa is amazing!

Snack:  1.5 hardboiled eggs.  My kiddo stole the other part.

Dinner:  Black rice and frozen stir fry veggies tossed in Braggs Liquid Aminos and some Sweet Chili sauce.

Snack:  Fruit smoothie with coconut water...almost like a virgin daquiri!

Bedtime:  Herbal Cleanse pills...P-p-p-p-p-ooopppies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...