Thursday, April 17, 2014

Advocare is done...

As you could tell from my previous post detailing my last day of the 10 (11) day Herbal Cleanse, I'm pretty much off the Advocare.  I debated trying to do the Max Phase, but couldn't bring myself to take supplements that could possibly make me feel terrible.  Getting healthy is supposed to make you feel good, and if it makes you feel bad, then why proceed?
 
Today and tomorrow are the last two of the meal replacement shakes that I got with the program. I  really like them, and want to find something like them.  They are a bit too expensive for the only 14 servings you get in the box.  The chocolate mocha flavor is amazing though...
 
Anyway, I'm going to eat clean.  I'm going to try to avoid dairy (except for my protein shakes, which I'm sure I could make dairy free), breads/cereals, fried foods, processed foods, sugars, etc. My mind still wants them...like a big fat juicy burger, but at the same time, I know I would feel so sick if I ate that.  I'd rather have an awesome chicken salad or make the burger myself at home, and wrap it in some lettuce leaves. 
 
I'm trying not to weigh myself every day, because I know I'll have days where I barely lose anything, and that will be discouraging, though weighing myself once a week I get antsy. 
I'm going to set a goal now...I won't weigh myself again until Monday morning. Once I weigh in Monday morning, I won't weigh myself again except for weekly on Mondays.  I think that makes sense...we'll see!
 
I can tell you that as of this morning I'm down 11.2 pounds, and am 31.4 pounds away from my first "mini" goal.  This is the realistic goal I set for myself for our Disney trip, however, anything past that by then will be amazing!
Stick with me, and you'll get to enjoy the journey...
 
You know, someday I would love to do that thing at Disneyworld in Florida:
day 1 is a 5k
day 2 is a 10 k
day 3 is a half marathon
day 4 is a full marathon
Someday...hopefully by my 40th birthday I can get there...
Oh God, seriously...saying "by the time I'm 40" makes me have anxiety!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...