Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'm hitting the wall....HELP!!!

I'm feeling like I'm going off track just a little bit. I've always had this fear of success in me, and now that I'm SO close to reaching my first 25 pounds lost, I'm trying not to sabotage myself.  It's so easy to fall off the wagon, especially when you have victories.  I'm trying to do well this week because I have the 5k coming up on Saturday, and don't want to feel sluggish or anything for it; but I feel like I'm getting a little bit lazy about the food selections I'm making however, I find myself doing more home projects, doing these truffle shuffle and 5k events, and trying to move more in general. 

I need to get back on track.  Man, how easy it would it be if we all had personal trainers, life coaches, and personal chefs!  I keep talking about how I want to move towards being Paleo, but here I sit at work, on my third square of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Midnight Reverie (my favorite), wondering if I'm going to hit the 25 pound mark on Friday...Probably not unless I make some serious moves towards it, such as zero processed foods, lots more water in the evenings (I drink about 40 oz of water at work if not more during the day, but barely drink anything at night), and move as much as possible. 

I've been very excited since the Truffle Shuffle about the 5k, but right now I'm feeling nervous.  This time I'll be by myself, and won't have anyone to make me laugh, however I'm my own worst critic so I think I'll be pushing myself.  Now I know I can jog a little too!  I'm hoping to beat my pace per mile.  I'm so looking forward to the end of the year going back and looking at my progression through all the walking/running events I plan on doing.  I've already found the next one I am going to enroll in.  I think I need to start riding my bike too.  Last time I rode it, I had an unfortunate incident where the seat post totally bend under my weight, so I've been totally avoiding it even though my sweet husband changed it out for me and everything.  I have an exercise bike that I totally hate, but should probably get on more.  I haven't gotten on that thing in forever.  I should make my morning routine.  Exercise bike for 15 minutes, then get ready for work, and deal with the day. 

If anyone has any tips or tricks on how to get past this funk, I appreciate it!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...