Monday, February 4, 2013

New shoes and new motivation jars!

Okay, so I am such a lucky girl today!  For my anniversary, my hubby bought me a brand new pair of walking shoes for my 2 mile and 5k coming up!  He knows I've been dealing with foot pain for years, and my old walking shoes were about two years old already, so after visiting the doctor...we decided that would be a great thing for me.  I'm all about more motivation and tools to help me succeed.  If new shoes will help me be able to walk more than one day in a row without severe foot pain, then I'll take it!  So here they are:
 
They are Brooks brand, 10th anniversary edition.  I have the same exact shoes, but in a different color.  They are very comfortable for walking and have extra support where I need them.  I think these will be great for moving more!


The other thing I did today was make a set of those motivational weight loss tracking jars for pounds to lose vs. pounds lost.  I put a link in my previous blog about them.  A work friend and I walked to the craft store today at lunch, which was nice because the weather was amazing, and it was nice to get up and move and get some fresh air! So I bought some decorative glass pebbles, and a couple of paint pens, and then when I got home I had these:
They turned out okay.  I thought the ones I saw online were much cuter.  But who cares.  It's still motivational for me.  I bought WAY too many of the little glass pebbles.  There are more than it looks in the little pouches.  I bought a 4 pound bag which ended up having about 500 or so pebbles.  So I have a big sack of them left over in case anyone else maybe wants to do them, or something like that.  I started with 200 pebbles in the pounds to go jar, and moved 19 over.  I'm only going to count them at the round numbers.  Some people do it in half pounds, but I don't think that's going to work for me.  After each whole pound, I'll move one over.  I want to be able to move them over each week, so that will also help to keep me motivated.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...