Sunday, February 3, 2013

Weekends are my enemy...

Previously I talked about how much of an issue the weekends have been for me food wise.  Yesterday I had a big breakfast (while not overly unhealthy-it was big) then the rest of the day I was okay until after dinner I ate a donut and cookies.  Today I had another too big breakfast (knowing while I was making it that it was probably going to be too much because I didn't log it before I ate it) and was pissed because I knew the whole time I should just have a protein shake blended with some frozen berries. But I didn't.  I allowed myself to be free.  So then I did a crap ton of housework today, including sanding the chalkboard wall completely, wiping all the dust off of all the furniture in the living room, vacuuming the entire house, sweeping, rearranging some stuff in Evan's room, cleaning the rat cage, shopping for an hour, doing the laundry and dishes, and then making a super unhealthy Super Bowl Sunday dinner consisting of frozen mini tacos and panko breaded chicken tenderloins.  I ate too much of that processed frozen food and then I ate a bunch of cookies and a glass of milk.  Just too much.  I was so exhausted I just started sucking down the carbs and sugar.  Terrible!  I am not allowing this to happen anymore. I just can't.  As it is, I have no idea what my menu will look like this week, but I have to see another loss on the scale on Friday, and at this point, hoping for that 5.3 pound loss is totally impossible.
I am going to hit it hard this week.  No more screwing around.  I am motivated to finish the projects in my house, and just need to stick to that, and then NOT eat a bunch of junk food.  Instead I need to remember to stop, drink more water, then have a protein shake or something in between tasks so I don't allow myself to go off the deep end. 

The chalkboard wall is totally sanded and cleaned and taped off.  Tuesday I will actually do the chalkboard paint.  Then Wednesday I hope to have the border done, then Saturday night hope to have something to do the border with.  I was going to do regular moulding, but that is super expensive stuff!  I want to do something more fun and pretty.  I think I might go to JoAnn's to see what I can find.  Small wooden blocks, or something pretty I can glue around it.  Just to make it pop.  

This is what I'm also working on now... 

http://givemethirty.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-jar-of-rocks.html

I'm sure most of you have seen this on Pinterest or other blogs, but I'm going to make 2 jars, one full of pebbles for each pound I want to lose, and the other jar is for each pound I've lost.  I think it will be awesome to see the pebbles go from one jar to the other.  I'm going to decorate it.  I have to also buy the pebbles from the craft store, so I might go do that at lunch tomorrow.  And guess what? I'll walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...