Friday, March 1, 2013

Update to my 5K

Well folks, remember my horrific experience with my very first 5K?  I just noticed the results were posted on the website.  I came in dead last.  No, no, I knew that for sure!  However, the time they listed for me was 1 hr, 5 mins, 0 secs.  I came in about 4 minutes after that, but apparently that's the time they settled on since that's about the time they probably just figured they would give me to make nice.  Either way, I'm glad to see that I actually have my name on the results.  I have not ever heard back from them after I sent the email, which I think is extremely rude and makes me consider any other money, business, or time they get out of me.  I can tell you this...I'll probably never participate in this event ever again.  

I've pretty much gotten over the humility I felt when I finished and there wasn't anyone there except for my husband and son.  Who matters aside from them?  I know they support me in this journey, and each event I will participate in.  I'm getting so excited for the next one coming up on March 16!  Yes, I'm excited to do another 5K!  This one will be totally different, my friend Crystal is doing it with me, and I'm going to kick it's ass!

New post coming soon...a deep, makes you think type of post.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...