Sunday, March 31, 2013

Falling off the Wagon on Vacations...

As I sit here and type this, it's the 10th day I've been off the wagon.  I haven't been tracking anything, I've been eating whatever I want, and quite frankly, I've gained about 7 pounds back from where I was last Friday.  I had weighed in last Friday and knew it wasn't going to be the best weigh in I had had, but I still lost weight.  Just two days ago I weighed in and I was up 5.4 from the previous week.  

I have no doubts, questions, or anything with this, since I knew that it was going to happen.  I didn't follow plan at all, I was on vacation, and quite frankly, I did whatever I felt like during that time.  I know that I could have made healthier decisions, but somehow, I still didn't eat at half of the places that I usually do when I visit California (read: In-and-Out, Weinerschnitzel, Del Taco, etc.) that we don't have here.  Overall, I avoided those places entirely, but went to Joe's Crab Shack, Swabby's on the River, plus two or three other places.  The only thing I ate from a McDonald's was a latte.  LOL.  I am not going to ever eat their food again.  Personal goal.

Anyways, so tomorrow I'm going to go back to what I was doing.  I'm considering doing a juice cleanse, or a 48 hour water fast just to get some of the junk out of my body that I put in it.  I can't do this again.  I am not one of those super lucky people that can eat whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like.  I really do need to stick to a specific eating schedule, and cannot eat specific foods.  I just can't.

Another huge reason I gained all that weight back in one week is because I didn't ride the exercise bike every night.  I have done some stuff this week to get some movement in, such as walking all over Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf during vacation, reaching the summit after a 1.4 mile hike straight up, then went on a hike on Saturday with my husband and son to this amazing place where we were actually above the clouds.  It felt so good to do that.  The 1.4 mile hike wasn't as bad, though I was sweating, heart pounding, and it took 2 hours to get to the top.  But my hike this past Saturday was a bit worse as I had been eating bad all week, getting no real exercise or anything, nor following plan.  I want to go on a hike every week.  Every week!!!  I think I'm going to take my husband and son on a hike this coming Saturday that is 1.6 to the summit.  It will take a while, but they are patient, and I love them for that.

This week I have to get right back to it.  I know it's not going to be fun, but if I really hold myself accountable, and really track everything, and drink the water I should be drinking, combined with the Green Tea I should be drinking, and the vitamins I should be taking, I know I have a chance of getting most of the weight back of.  My monthly friend is getting close too, so that's essentially an uphill battle right there.  I need to keep doing this.  I can't let this week ruin all the hard work I have done.  It was a BIG step backwards for sure, but I'm going to make a BIG jump forward to a better me.

I reached the summit!

2 hour hike uphill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...