Wednesday, January 30, 2013

When you feel yourself slipping...what do you do?

What do you, my friends, family, fans, randoms, etc do when you find yourself slipping up?  I've had a hard couple of days diet-wise, and last night found myself watching reality TV of some sort (okay, it was Teen Mom) and I was sitting there with a small bowl of dried fruit mix which is calorie carb evil.  It's about 9:30 as I'm throwing back the last of the snack when I realize I wasn't supposed to eat anything after 8pm because I had fasting bloodwork in the morning...damn!

So I put it all away, chugged two glasses of water in hopes that I don't end up looking like a diabetic when I take get my blood drawn and go to bed telling myself that today, I am going to get right back to it without fail.  I had already planned my entire days worth of meals and snacks before I went to sleep so I didn't have to do any last minute guesswork.  I have modified it slightly to get a little bit more protein involved and less carbs, but It's within my calorie requirements so I can do it.  I think I'm going to pull up my old lists from the first couple weeks and put together a new menu.  I feel like I am still eating a lot of processed foods, and recently more fruit than I should and less protein than I should.  It's just so damn easy to fall back into the bad habits so easy!  I just have to continue to make informed, educated, and CONCIOUS decisions to eat better. 

Anyone have any tips for when they have slipped up and find themselves on the on the verge of spiraling out of control?  Do you journal?  Do you throw food away?  Do you go on a cleanse or fast to clear your mind and body?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...