Saturday, January 26, 2013

My first post!

Well, here I am.  Woo hoo! Yippee! Are there fireworks going off to celebrate?  Probably not.  I'm going to give blogging, yet again, another shot.  I just started a new blog about two weeks ago on a site I hadn't used before, and right as I was posting my awesome blog for the day, I got an error that the site was busy, then a screen telling me my blog was suspended.  Crap.  That totally sucks. I emailed the tech people and got no response.  All my blogs were deleted.  I think they were my best posts yet too.  Whatever.  I came back to Blogger.  I have used it before and have never had a problem.  It's a little weird that I have to do the whole Google+ thing to have an "about me" section, but we all have to evolve someday right?

I hope you will join me for this journey.  Right now I'm at the beginning of a whole lot of changes I am going to make in my life.  My biggest one right now is weight loss. Yesterday I weighed in and had lost 17.9 pounds in 45 days exactly.  I've been tracking my food intake, focusing on protein, and even moving more.  I hit the punching bag, I've gone on walks while at work, and I've registered for a 2 mile walk and a 5k the following week.  I am already dreading the 5k and can't believe I was so gung ho as to register for something like that at the weight I am without any sort of training, but quite frankly, even if it takes me 3 hours to finish it, at least I'll have finished it right? 

Gaining all this weight wasn't necessarily fun, and taking it off is going to be hard.  But I'm hoping it will be more fun to lose it than gain it. I have set goals/rewards for myself for this weight loss journey:

-25 pounds.......charm necklace and one charm and new workout clothes.-50 pounds.......charm and heart rate monitor.
-75 pounds.......charm and new running shoes.
-100 pounds.....charm and a kayak.
-125 pounds.....charm and snowboard pants, boots, and jacket.
-150 pounds.....charm and a weeklong snowboarding trip
-175 pounds.....charm and a BMX cruiser bike.
-200 pounds.....charm and a trip to Hawaii, baby!


I know that I have a lot of weight to lose, and most likely will never get to that supermodel skinny that losing 200 pounds will get me, but it's okay to dream.  I'm right now already so looking forward to buying that charm necklace and charm to go on it for hitting my first 25 pounds, and since I'll be hitting that first 25 about the time I do my walk and 5k, I already bought myself some new workout gear.  I gotta look like I am trying at least.  I'm also hoping my new gear will make me look like I'm walking faster...LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...