Sunday, January 27, 2013

I was bad last night.

Okay, last night I had Taco Bell for dinner.  We were at the races much later than usual due to it being a big race event, there are no groceries in the house, and we just wanted to eat.  I know, I know, I could have ordered some "healthy" options, or even opted out entirely and ate the frozen meal I have in the freezer, but I hadn't had fast food in quite some time.  I ate it, tried to not feel totally guilty, and vowed that was the last time I have fast food.  

Now, I think I want to draw the line in the sand so to speak, about fast food.  Fast food, to me, includes the chain restaurants like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Arby's, etc.  where most of the food you order no where near resembles its origination, it has a drive through, and most likely has a dollar menu. I do not think that Subway, 5 Guys, Jakes Wayback, etc is fast food.  I think this because the food while sometimes higher calorie, come from healthier food sources, and are overall less processed than their counterparts.  This being said, I still want to reserve the amount of times I am eating "out" at a restaurant since I usually end up going overboard.  In the last 6 weeks since I started my journey I have eaten out only 4-5 times, plus 1 time I stopped at Trader Joes for a wrap and rice chips, which I counted every point of. I have gone from eating out 4-6 times a week to about once a week, and quite frankly, I want to eliminate it entirely unless we are invited out to dinner by friends or family.  Not only would we save a ton of money, but it would help me avoid the risk of eating a bunch of crap!

So now, I'm hitting it hard today. Starting off with a strawberry-protein-almond milk smoothie, with 24 oz of water to chase down my vitamins, and 2 large mugs of green tea.  I've realized that on the weekends I'm not drinking my green tea at all, and that is also contributing to me just going all willie nillie.  I want to see a loss this week of 3.5 pounds.  I know I can do it.  I'm pulling my food journals from my first 2 weeks to see what I was eating then, and changing up my menu.  I'd like to hit that first 25 pounds February 8.  I know I can do it.  Tonight we eat bun-less burgers! Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...