Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Small Celebration!

On Friday I weighed in and have officially hit the 35 pounds lost mark!  I am at 35.4 pounds lost!  I am so excited!  I'm even more inspired to keep up with this journey and get more results!  I've been working hard to keep on my calorie goal, and to get more exercise.  I've been riding the exercise bike, making myself move more on breaks at work, and even when I'm not on the phone at work I'll try to stand more and walk around.  I had also stopped drinking as much water during the day at work and have been making it a point to drink at least two big 32 oz cups of water each day before I go home.  That makes a huge difference too! Also, green smoothies!  Seriously.  Not juicing, making smoothies.  

This last week I was making green smoothies using:

1 cup packed raw baby spinach
1 cup unsweetened Silk Coconut Milk
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1/8 cup ground flax
1 tsp spirulina powder
1 tsp matcha green tea powder
1 generous dash of cinnamon

This next week I'll be trying something a little different.  I'll be using the following ingredients:

1 cup raw kale
1 Premier Nutrition Protein shake (vanilla)
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1/8 cup ground flax
1 tsp spirulina
1 tsp matcha green tea powder
1 generous dash of cinnamon

They should equal about the same calorie wise.  The smoothies I was making last week were 367 calories, filled me up for HOURS (with some coffee and water between that and my lunch), and were so delicious!  I figure these new ones to be somewhere around 300-350 calories, but haven't calculated it yet.
Do you have a green smoothie recipe you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...