Thursday, September 20, 2018

Surgery is NEXT WEEK!

This is it.  I'm having my surgery next week.  It's been rough being on this liquid diet for...the 17th day now.  7 days previous to that I was on 2/3 liquids and 1/3 food.  So I feel like I've been doing this FOREVER.  I'm down just over 29 pounds though since my appointment with the surgeons office and I am sure they will be pleased with that progress. 

On Monday I'll be sending my boy off to school then heading to Coos Bay with my husband to take care of my hospital pre-op appointment and my pre-op appointment with my surgeon's office.  After that, I'll get hubby some lunch, check in to my Airbnb, and then send him home and wait for my parents to arrive.  My husband will be going back home for work and to take care of our son for the week while I have surgery and some gentle recovery.  My parents are very excited for me, and excited to be able to come up and take care of me while getting some time in a new town to relax.  I'm looking forward to snuggling their little therapy dog while I recover. 

Tuesday is the big day.  I'll get my check-in time on Monday and after midnight can't have any "food" or drink at all.  I say "food" because why in the hell would I eat something the night before surgery if I've been on freaking liquids for 3 solid weeks to prepare.  You'd be surprised I guess! Well, that's not going to happen to me.  I'm following the rules.  My 3 cheats since I started liquid diet: I ate one bite of egg salad about 2 weeks ago and it was GROSS, I ate a bite of mashed potatoes, and I skimmed some chili broth off the pot of delicious chili I made for the boys.  That's it.  Aside from that it's been pudding and skim milk and broths and jello and protein shakes and I'm so sick of all of it.  I really, really, really want to fill my belly to bursting with cheese pizza.  But I'm not going to.  Why? Because I want to be SUCCESSFUL.  I have 1 more day of work, then I'm off for 2 weeks plus Labor Day.  I'll be so ready to go back to work and start building up my sick and vacation time again after that.  I've depleted all of my paid time off for this.  The next 9 months or so until my 40th birthday will have minimal time off (which really blows) because I need to save up for my big 40th birthday trip to Hawaii that I've been planning on for about 10 years.  I want to take my family, best friend and her kiddo, and maybe my parents if they want to come.  I want to spend about 8 days and 7 nights there playing on the beaches, exploring jungles, etc.  I want us to take a Segway adventure because even though it's kind of dorky, it's going to be super fun.  I want to go ziplining, scuba diving, and maybe, if I can build up my bravery, go Parasailing. Definitely stand-up paddle boarding.  Definitely ziplining.  Yes. 

My first BIG goal is to be down at least 100 pounds by my 40th birthday.  Based on what I've seen in others' accounts that is totally realistic if I stick to the plan.  A part of me mourns the fact that I will have a stomach the size of a half cup when traveling to the islands, however, I have a feeling me not being able to eat like I used to is going to save us some BIG $$$.

My first mini goal after surgery is to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year.  Something tells me I'm going to kick that goals ass.  That would mean I'd probably be closer to 150 down by my birthday and that would be SO AWESOME.  I need to be under 260 to Segway, and the farther below that number the better.   My ultimate perfect goal is 175, but 200 is my more realistic goal, and I would be fine around 225.  Hoping that by my 45th birthday I'm in super good shape, and can then have all the skin removal surgery for my tummy, thighs, arms, and have a breast lift too. They are already deflated melons...I have a good idea of just how much flatter and deflated they are going to be after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

10 Months Post Op

It's been a long time since I've updated.  A lot has happened and not much has happened all at the same time.  I'm at 243 pounds...